Friday, August 8, 2014

Don't Blink....



So yes, I missed an update last week..it could not be helped..I was struck down with a zombiefying flu and the power was out shortly followed by no mobile phone reception either…all fun and games. It was windy and wobbly  oh and icy...don't forget icy cold!

The good thing is: I was forced to take it easy. Which is a good thing because a kept falling over and blacking out from sheer exhaustion prior to Bendigo and yes (I didn’t let on to anybody at the time really, but just before set up day Thursday I was out for the count as well..if it wasn’t for the wonderful girls who I shared my Bendigo accommodation with I wouldn’t have been that lucky.. Now , after umptieth doctor visits and scans and tests , the results are okay…apparently my brain is close to normal (who would have guessed) and I am just totally depleted of essential vitamins and other essential stuff…I needed to take it easy and rest..which I did..under protest…because you know..I am stubborn..lol..I promise I am taking it easy-ER,,really !

So what have I been up to after Bendigo and the whole taking it easy thing thrust upon me? Well, let me see..I have been painting police boxes…yes police boxes…spindles..lots of them..apparently everybody loves them and so do I (who doesn’t love a Who? Lol) especially the glow in the dark kind, which is great fun. So yeah, busy doing that and filling in custom orders. Safe to say at the moment I am a bit Doctor Who obsessed…and with the new series starting at the end of the month..well…its as normal as fish fingers and custard..lol Working on my Tardis Shawl as well , which is coming along fabulous !
  

I am also preparing for the country Conference held at Camp Manyung in the gorgeous Mount Eliza next week Friday til Sunday the 17th of august. I will be doing a talk about Navajo spindles and weaving and yarn making and how my tribe and the Navajo people see the world and translate that in craft.
Another very exciting thing is that I also have a stall there with lots of goodies and ..wait for it! There is an opportunity for those who weren’t able to make it for the whole three days to come and visit on the Saturday , August 16th of August , between 1:30 and 5pm ! For all information where and when exactly, scroll down to the DATES TO PUT IN YOUR CALENDAR bit !

 
Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable. All my contact details are to be found at the end of this weeks blog entry. Have fun !!!

Blue Faced Leicester Superwash + Cashmere Tops
A soft, very lustrous lofty sheeps wool and lovely to spin!

100+grams (+/-3.5Oz) AU$24
 
Companion -sold-

 

Carnival of Monsters

 
Androzani trees-sold-

 
Handbot

 
Headless Monks

 
Lakertyans

 
Siren Mermaids -sold out-


 
Spiridons

 
Spoon heads

 
Time Zombies

 
Mandrels-only 2 left-

 
Weeping Angels-sold-
 

IxCHeL Events to put in your Calendar!

Friday 15th of August-Sunday 17th of August

39th Annual Country Conference

 
OPEN AFTERNOON SATURDAY AUGUST 16th , 1:30pm-5pm Come and snaffle and have fibery fun ! I will be there with heaps of goodies and so is Emma from Spun Out with all her gorgeous spindles ! There are going to be Navajo weavings and fibre on display and for sale as well as Navajo spindles from 45000 year old Kauri wood made by the Lair of the Bearded Dragon !!!
 
Camp Manyung Sunnyside Rd,
Mount Eliza
Im doing a talk there about the Navajo Churro Sheep project, Navajo Rug making, Navajo style spinning and more !
Lots of extremely special and hard to find fibres and yarns and SPINDLES will be available there !
Not to be missed!
There will also be a Special Navajo rug display and I will also have a stall there with lots of fluffy stuff to hug..enabling galore!!
To participate in the Country Conference please contact : Dot Vallence , email: dotv5@optusnet.com.au


 

Sunday September 28th, 9:30-3pm

Sheep and Woolcraft Day (with bunnies as well ofcourse !)

Cranbourne Public Hall (near KFC) in Cranbourne
I will have a big stall there filled to the brim with luscious fibery goodness and NEW fluffy exciting stuff !
Not to be missed!

 

October 7th, 10am-2:30pm

PASCOE VALE SPIN IN

at Swimming Pool Hall
7 Prospect street
Pascoe vale
 
There will be lots of traders, competitions and show and tell.
Lots of fun to be had !!!
NEW IxCHeL blends and lots of new exciting spinning stuff from Lair of the Bearded Dragon ;-)


How To Order:

1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. message me on facebook or ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny.

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.

Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.
 
Thank you so much for your help and support !


 

 RABBIT ON !


((hugs))


Charly



qrcode

No comments: