Friday, June 12, 2015

Creative Fun !




No use in telling you I am busy…it’s a given …and so are sleepless nights, hectic jumping about, prepping and blending and dyeing and labelling. More than any other year, I have made it a bit more hectic for myself (yes, I am a sucker for punishment) by wanting to make this year of the sheep filled with rare sheep breeds and other rare fibres. I have done well digging a hole for myself . The thing about finding rare breeds is that they are rare (funny that) and hard to come by and very , very logistically hard to get in the country.. Yeah! That’s what I mean with being a sucker for punishment. The amount of time spent dealing with administrative stuff and getting everything organised is a gargantuan task (thank you Quentin Tarantino for that marvellous word ! #KillBill2) .

In the end I am absolutely certain that all the sweat blood and tears have been worth it though and a huge load of rare fibres are already accumulating in the Bendigo Wool show department (meaning…the whole farm house..lol)
There are tops and fibre everywhere, pigments drying and compounding to be done, labels printed and cutting out, and of course dyeing , dyeing and more dyeing. The whole house looks like a colourful laundry. It’s organised chaos. Not quite the environment for someone with OCD or the wish to have everything neat and tidy…Lucky for me I adhere to Einstein’s wisdom and say “ a cluttered desk is the sign of a genius” Not that I consider myself one, but at least my mind is far from empty..lol (Einstein’s quote actually said “ if a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind of what then is an empty desk a sign?” …I just alliterated….lol)


I get asked how I can be so creative all the time. Well, I was thinking about that. Also because , apparently, “creativity test scores” have steadily declined since the 1990s….? Well, I think we are all creative! Just like I believe we can all sing and draw. (we may not all be able to sing in key or perform in a musical, but we can give it a red hot go! Same with drawing: it is all practice and how much time, effort and fun you put into things!) We just have to put our mind to it and make it happen. It is not rocket science, unless you want to be at the top of your game and be Einstein or Beethoven (Paradigm shifting geniuses) or so called expert professionals who are spending all their breathing time to mastering everything in their field or like most of us, the Mini Creatives: not changing the world as we know it but we sure as hell are doing a fabulous job of making it more colourful and fun ! I am all for the multiple modest Eurekas and being able to do things in your own creative way. Besides, it is good for your brain ! MRI’s have shown that every part of the brain is involved in creativity. When one stage of the idea generation begins, one brain network swings into action; at the next stage a different one lights up.

Last week I was talking to you about making it harder for yourself (criticising your thought processes etc) . Well, I believe it kills your creativity as well. If you doubt your work, whatever you do, it will ultimately not only slow down your creativity but in the end will totally put it to a halt. You will start saying things like “ that has been done before I am sure” or “ this is going to fail” , “will it be popular”..all that energy wasted on self doubt is no good for creativity. That kind of thinking will drive you towards the ultimate highway of thought and off the scenic route with all its’ diversions, surprises and fun. Don’t go for safe. Go for the scenic route ! Then of course there is the philosophy that women have been brainwashed to please and if someone criticises a woman’s work she’s most likely to walk out, tail between legs.” ?? Pleeeease! Bullocks! Either that or I am not a woman..lol…we are all the same: human ! The thing we can all do to buzz that creativeness into action is exercise your brain (see blog update of last week).
 
I recently read a paper that was all about creativity and the brain and I was astonished that I have been doing so many things right to keep being in that creative zone. I will list them for you here :

1. Research has shown that we are at our most creative when we are sleep deprived ! a BIG TICK for me there!..lol
  Apparently fuzzy brains (or, in my case a fluffy brain…sorry, could not help myself…) are not as good as filtering out distractions or remembering connections between concepts. This leaves us open to new ideas… well! That is a surprise…

2. Love: creativeness is helped a long by the heart:_ not a surprise at all: you love what you do, you can create with ease. Also it creates a wonderful chemical called dopamine which totally ignites the creative spirit in all of us
3. Alcohol: hmmm…tough one , but apparently a recent study has shown that a glass or two (not a whole bottle) can increase creative cognition…Cheers…Slainte!

4. Deadlines: I don’t know about you but I thrive on deadlines….give me a deadline a year away and I will spend ¾ of that year procrastinating and being in a hole somewhere. Give me a deadline that is two days from now and I am Superwoman flying at warp speed….lol
5. Clutter: Back to Einstein….cluttered desk. Say no more..that is me…paper, notes, fibres, mood boards everywhere!

6. Eat healthy…plenty of carbs…yep have to work on that one…I forget to eat most of the time (yes I know..Air makes me gain weight…oxygen is my enemy..lol)..no really, I love veggies (I am not a good example of a  meat eater..) and glucose. Apparently it’s the glucose that helps our brain ..so all good there..who cares if I am not a size 2…I’m a creative dresser.


So there it is! Be creative, have fun , never grow up (= be too serious) or take any crap from anybody.

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to my dear friends : Fiona and Kylie and the mystery Super Villain, who sent me amazing Minion filled, inspirational parcels this week !!! Huge hugs to you all ! Thank you sooooo much !!



Kylie sent me a life time supply of minion tictacs !
I was unable to find them in the geographically isolated part of paradise we live in..lol 
Thank you Kylie!!!


Fiona! Thank you so much for a truly magnificent Minion Survival pack!
You are AWESOME !!!


and finally..to the mystery Super Villain ,
who sent me Bob & Stuart to help me out for all
the eeeevil enabling preparations for the Bendigo show!
Thank you !!! Who ever you are !


 

Side note : Remember: the club sign ups are still open but not for very long! Especially the batt club is filling up fast !! Have fun! And Enjoy Creating !
 
Have a fun weekend Creating your Dreams!
 

Please don't hesitate to contact me at any time if you have any questions okay? Always happy to enable.
All my contact details are to be found at the end of this weeks blog entry.
Have fun !!!


IxCHeL Sock Yarn and Minion Yarns !

Merino, nylon blend (90/10)
100+grams/ 3.5 oz AU$26
4 ply fingering weight, 380meters/100g

One skein of IxCHeL Sock yarn (Or minion yarn) will knit a pair of socks !
Minion Sock yarn

Bananaaa!
Minion Overalls

Wombat (dyed with Walnut husk and bark) -SOLD-
 

Autumn Leaves-sold-
Frozen -SOLD-
Rainbow-SOLD-
Autumn blast

Scarlett Overkill-SOLD-

 

Velvet
 
Forest Fling-SOLD-


Very Berry
 
Sunset

Pinata -SOLD-

Fiesta-SOLD-


Parrot Party -SOLD-

 
 
Time Vortex-SOLD-


How To Order:

 
1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. message me on facebook or ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny.

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.

Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.
 
Thank you so much for your help and support !


New IxCHeL Club sign ups still open but not for long !

(til quotas are reached or until July 1st)

Clubs July, August and September 2015 !

For all our international club fans there is a possibility to ship all three clubs together to save on postage if you want :-) Just pm me and enquire about the options available.

IxCHeL Fibre Club July, August and September **FULL** NO MORE SPOTS LEFT

The subscription is for a period of three months and you will receive one special hand dyed top/roving per month to the value of AU$24
All the tops will be hand dyed and will be especially made for the members of Ixchel Fibre Club ! Price to join the IxCHel Fibre Club #25 and receive your special hand dyed top :)) for three months (Clubs July, August and September 2015) is AU$72 + postage (parcel post or airmail). AND there are good value double serves available !!!

For Australia : single serve $72+$28 postage (parcel post), double serve $134+$28 (save $10) or triple serves $199 (save $17!)
For USA + Canada: single serve AU$72+AU$51 (Airmail) double serve AU$134+AU$51
For UK,Europe, rest of the world: Single serve AU$72+AU$60 (airmail) Double serve AU$134+AU$60
For Asia: Single serve AU$72+AU$45 (airmail) Double serve AU$134+AU$45
If you want to receive a fibre surprise every month then join the IXCHEL FIBRE CLUB #25 now. Numbers are strictly limited ! The July 2015 Club is going to be shipped out end of July. Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal. Just PM or email me your details

The IxCHeL Sock Yarn Clubs July, August and September 2015 -ALMOST FULL-

Every month for three months (Clubs July, August and September 2015) you will receive: enough hand dyed luscious yummy yarn to make a pair of socks or a lush shawl or scarf ofcourse! (the hand dyed yarn will be exclusive for the Ixchelbunny SOCK-IT-TO-ME Yarn CLUB and will range from a sockweight yarn or a 3ply or a 4 ply); Every month a new sock pattern, tips and instructions ! Now is that GOOD or is that GOOD ??!
I will even offer a double serve for those of you who like their socks extra long
For Australia : single serve $78+$28 postage (parcel post) double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +$28
For USA + Canada: single serve AU$78+AU$51 (Airmail) double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$51
For UK,Europe, rest of the world: Single serve AU$78+AU$60 (airmail) Double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$60
For Asia: Single serve AU$78+AU$45 (airmail) Double serve $130 (= one skein FREE!!!) +AU$45
Numbers are strictly limited ! 
Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal . Just PM or email me your details 
  By the way: you don’t HAVE to knit socks if you don’t want to.. the hand dyed yarn is amazingly nice for scarves, cowls, beanies and even tops ! Anything goes .

IxCHeL Funky Bunny Batt Clubs July, August and September 2015 

**FULL** NO MORE SPOTS LEFT 

Here are all the details and just pm me when you have any questions or want to be part of the funky bunny batt club Movement ;-) Welcome to the blingy dark side ;-D
The subscription is for a period of three months and you will receive one special hand dyed funky bunny batt per month to the value of AU$40 or more .
The batts will range in weight from 140grams to 180grams with luxury fibres like camel , angora, cashmere, silk, yak, llama even wolf and bison and rare sheep breeds !!!! All the batts will be hand dyed and will be especially made for the members of Ixchel funky bunny Club ! Every month you will receive a HUGE luxury funky bunny batt !
Sign up now and you will receive an Ixchel Hand dyed , super luxurious funky bunny batt for July, August and September 2015.
Price to join the Ixchel Funky bunny for three months is :
For Australia : $105+$28 postage (parcel post)
For USA + Canada: AU$105+AU$51 (Airmail)
For UK,Europe, rest of the world: AU$96+AU$60 (airmail)
For Asia: AU$105+AU$45 (airmail)
If you want to receive a fibre surprise every month then join the IXCHEL FUNKY BUNNY BATT CLUB now. Numbers are strictly limited ! The first installment is going to be shipped out end of july :) Payment via direct deposit or credit card or paypal. Just PM or email me

Dates to put in your Calendar !!

JULY


Friday July 17th- Sunday 19th, 9am-5pm

Bendigo Sheep and Wool Show

THE event of the year !!!! Not to be missed!!

I will be there in the Flower (Power Bunny) Shed again with heaps of new goodies, hand dyed and hand spun, IxCHeL new blends and rare sheep breed adventures and much much more !

 

Because this year is the year of the Sheep I will have a lot of rare sheep breeds from all over the world and something very very special : Qiviut and ....a truly magical Vicuna blend ! 

 Do not miss out to cuddle something special and , like last year you can win wonderful prizes again when you visit my stall dressed as a bunny ;-) and when you spend more than $100 you can enter to win a super Prize pack !!!

You do not want to miss it !

 

JULY/August

Friday, July 31 to Sunday, August 2
 
Mapleton Craft Retreat (Queensland)
and please sign up because this is going to be an amazing retreat filled with fibery super fun ! Lots of workshops and fun stuff planned !!!! 

 

 

Saturday , September 26th

 
Play day at Pascoe Vale
More about this exciting event later !

 

Sunday , September 27th   (9:30-3pm)



Sheep and Woolcraft Field Day , Cranbourne Public HAll (near KFC)
A perfect fibre and craft day hosted by the Black n Coloured Sheep association of Australia and an absolute MUST!
How To Order:
 
1. You can email me on ixchel at rabbit dot com dot au or ixchelbunny at yahoo dot com dot au
2. message me on facebook or ravelry where I am Ixchelbunny.

I will email you right back with all your order details and payment methods.

Any questions? Any custom orders for yarn or dyeing fibre? Please don’t hesitate to ask! Always happy to enable.
 
Thank you so much for your help and support !
 RABBIT ON !
((hugs))
Charly
qrcode
 

 

No comments: